Making a Celebration of the Quieter Months…
As the days grow darker and leaves begin to fall off the trees, it is tempting to turn to Christmas to offer a little brightness as the summer light begins to fade. With three months still to go, it may seem a little early to start Christmas planning but what else is there to do during that in-between season?
There’s Halloween, Diwali and a whole host of exciting festivals celebrated prior to December 25th and here at Dineindulge we like to make a celebration wherever we are – whether that be a villa in southern Spain or a 3-bedroom semi-detached house in Yorkshire.
As well as the wide array of television specials (the return of Bake-off an office favourite), there are plenty of other reasons to tuck up inside and crack open a bottle of red as we await the festivities of the coming months. And since you’ve opened the bottle, why not indulge in this luxurious braised Ox Cheek…
Braised Ox cheek with Creamed Polenta and Broccoli
Creamed Gorgonzola Polenta:
1L vegetable stock
240ml single cream
2 teaspoons of fresh thyme/rosemary
200g Tenderstem Broccoli
- Coat the ox tail with flour to gently dust.
- Pan fry to sear the meat on all sides.
- Add to a deep tray with sliced onions and carrot.
- Add stock and wine and then enough water to cover the ox.
- Cover with tin foil, and cook at 150’C for 3 hours.
- When meat is tearing away from bone, take out of the liquid, and cool until it can be picked. Reduce some of the liquid to a gravy and skim off any excess fat.
- Boil the stock for the polenta in a medium size saucepan.
- Add the polenta, gradually whisking and reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 10 minutes and stir often until the mixture thickens and the polenta is tender.
- While this thickens, begin boiling the broccoli and heat the ox cheek in a pan with a little gravy to help it stick together.
- Add the butter, cheese and cream to the polenta and stir and stir.
- Assemble and plate as soon as the polenta is ready.
If you’d rather take a step back from the kitchen and crack open a bottle of wine – we have you covered with our private chef hire service for at home or on holiday. Whether you’re looking for something simple or a little more spectacular we have 28 different menus to suit your taste and your budget, whatever your dietary preferences. We also have a spectacular wine pairing package guaranteed to please the palate and liven up your private chef experience – if you provide the setting, we’ll Dineindulge it.